I’m gonna keep this brief because my mind is anywhere but here. Tomorrow is the two week mark for the Mass Effect Andromeda release. I am an anxious, impatient, salivating mess. All I can seem to to do is re-watch videos I already have memorized, listen to soundtracks and songs that are reminiscent of space, and my attention span for anything else is just non-existent.
It’s going to be a rough month here at the blog. Probably a rough April too.
So, last week I wanted to:
- Write chapter 13 of From the Quorum
- Done! Finished it up Monday night with 2,992 word sprint.
- Read The Six-Gun Tarot
- Not even close. Haven’t even broken 100 pages yet, which is a shame because it’s actually REALLY good so far. Again, no attention span at all.
- Publish 2 blog posts
- Done! Last weeks goals post, a general “How’s the Blog Doing?” post, and the book review for The Paper Magician.
- Continue The Steel Armada edits
- Done! I’m either on chapter 16 or 17 now, so this area of my life is going very well.
So, last week could have been much worse, and I’m proud of the work I managed to get done.
This week I’m going to be a bit more realistic, because I know myself, and I’m hyper-focusing really hard on gaming, and Mass Effect in particular.
- Write 1,000 words of From the Quorum
- Read 200 pages of The Six-Gun Tarot
- Publish 2 blog posts
- Continue The Steal Armada edits
I’m still doubtful that I’ll read that much, but I don’t want to abandon the book. It really is good. But, in my desperation for wonderful, immersive gameplay, I’ve finished my millionth play through of the original Mass Effect Trilogy, and have picked up The Witcher III just so I can have something to do.
Because I am suffocating without Andromeda. Suffocating. Drowning in lack of gameplay. Like, yes, I love the Dragon Age series, and I’ve played the ever-loving shit out of those games. But, not like I’ve played Mass Effect. I have Mass Effect tattoos. I’ve played the original trilogy five times. I have Mass Effect jewelry, t-shirts, hoodies, and jackets. Hell, I even have Mass Effect socks, and I’m wearing them right now! I have multiple figurines and comics and novels. I’m an avid reader of terrible Mass Effect fan fiction (Dragon Age fics too, for that matter).
This is my all time favorite gaming franchise, and today marks the 5 year anniversary of Mass Effect 3‘s release. I’ve been waiting five years for Andromeda, and now that it’s so close, I’m physically suffering without it.
So, just be prepared for my presence here to dwindle, if not die off completely in the coming months. I swear I will try my damnedest to hold myself accountable and post, but don’t be surprised if I vanish for awhile.
Until Thursday, Blogland.