In non-writing news, the Husband and I are buying a couch. Finally! A nice big sectional to fit our very not-apartment-sized living room. It feels very grown up, only made more so by happening on the fringe of tax season.
Everyone said that once we bought a house taxes would be much better. Well, turns out not to be the case. We’re getting back the lowest amount since we’ve been together. Not sure how, or why, and we’re definitely looking into it, but we’re getting $0.00 back from the interest paid on the house.
But, we’re getting the couch anyway and I’m at least excited for that.
Now, what was I supposed to do this week?
- Finish chapter 12 of From the Quorum
- Read The Sorcerer of the Wildeeps
- Publish 2 blog posts
What did I actually do?
- Wrote 802 words of From the Quorum. Not great, but a lot better than no words, so I’m satisfied.
- Completed Sorcerer of the Wildeeps, book review forthcoming.
- Published two blog posts.
So, overall, an all right week. Nothing too spectacular, but I got a bit done. Moving into February I’ll have more time and hopefully more discipline to achieve a bit more.
What am I doing this week?
- I am finishing chapter 12 of From the Quorum! I am!
- Read and discuss The Last Unicorn (book club title #1) by Peter S. Beagle
- Publish two blog posts
- Print and reread draft #2 of The Steel Armada, prepping notes for forthcoming edits
I only need about 1k more words to finish the chapter, so it should happen this week. Reading is gonna be tight, but I should just finish the book on time. The blog posts are in the bag, with this one and the book review coming on Thursday. Printing and rereading the manuscript will take some time. I might need beer. I might need a bar. I might disappear for a few hours this weekend to get that done.
But, I feel pretty good about everything. Except my taxes…
Until Thursday, when we discuss The Sorcerer of the Wildeeps,