As you’ve no doubt noticed, I skipped last week. And I’m posting late this week.
Last week was one of immense upheaval. Trevor and I went to Bend to celebrate his birthday, and we had an awesome time. Some life altering stuff went down, which I can speak more about later.
The main reason I didn’t post at all last week is because of the following:
- N7 Day. This is the glorious day, November the seventh, in which Mass Effect nerds rejoice and celebrate the most wonderful game franchise ever created. This year’s N7 Day was bursting with new info about Mass Effect Andromeda, which is set to release sometime this coming Spring. Basically, I was freaking out every 10 minutes as stills, videos, and screenshots were released. Then, in a frenzy, I proceeded to start the entire franchise over again. Sorry, not sorry.
- Election Day. This was a horrible evening for my husband and I, and we spent it alternating panic attacks and inexplicable rage. While we’re not Hillary fans, we are Progressives, and we’re very concerned about the country right now.
- Promo Set at Starbucks. Wednesday I worked from 10am until after midnight, all so customers could enjoy the spirit of the holidays at their local chain coffee shop. Gag.
- I was off, and exhausted. I considered writing, briefly, and then opted to play more Mass Effect instead.
- Migraine. The whole weekend.
Basically, last week was hell, but kinda sorta good.
So, two Mondays ago, my goals were:
- Publish two blog posts
- Beacon 23 Book Review
- Read A Borrowed Man by Gene Wolfe
- Write 500 words a day, 3k total.
So, how’d I do?
Not too shabby! I published my two posts, one of which was the Beacon 23 book review. I didn’t get around to A Borrowed Man, and instead started to read The Vagrant. It was super boring, and I gave up on it, instead reading 6 volumes of the Avatar the Last Airbender graphic novel series. I feel I should mention here that I am open to giving The Vagrant another shot, just not right now.
But, the most important thing is the word counts. I did it, guys. I wrote a total of 4,335 words that week. And only over four of the six days. So, I didn’t write every day, but I pumped out words HARD when I did write. And damn it felt good.
Then I ruined it by being a complete hermit last week. But, I maintain that my work/life turmoil makes it somewhat understandable.
Hopefully I can avoid real life by building my own world instead of indulging in BioWare’s. I’ve started reading fanfiction, and the official tie-in novels, so it’s looking grim…
This week I want to:
- Publish two blog posts
- Finish reading Mass Effect Revelation
- Write a total of 4k words
So, a pretty simple jump back in. Bummed that I screwed the pooch last week, but I can only make up for it by moving forward. It’s time to put some words on the page!
Thanks for reading along, Blogland.